Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Familiarities


Yesterday, Day 2 in Paris, we walked all day. 10.8 km. 6.7 miles. This week my mom and I are doing a melange of sight-seeing and practical exploring. The map above shows our trek around le rive gauche, starting with a croissant and a quiche at Gerard Mulot. It was one of those picturesque days where the sky was bright blue, and the clouds looked as though they were painted on.

From there we walked to Reid Hall to see where I will be taking classes. On our way we stumbled on a familiar facade: Brandy Melville, my favorite store in LA. Paris, being the chicest, has been home to the native italian boutique for 5 years, and one of its parisian locations is down the block from Reid Hall. Its reasonably priced and adorable clothing made its way to LA a few years later. This dangerous, yet fabulous, discovery will definitely help with any future homesickness. Talk about retail therapy. 


After sneaking a peek into my beautiful universite, we continued to check out more shopping at Galeries Lafayette and then onto the Eiffel Tower. The last time I had been to the Eiffel Tower was for dinner on my 12th birthday, and it was just as spectacular as I remembered.


After some poulet roti et pommes frites and a freshly filled cannoli, we continued along the river to Notre Dame and ended the night with strawberry mojitos. The french put american ice tea spoons to proper use. My friends and I frequently complain about the need for a sangria fork to enjoy the fruit once the cocktail is finished. This bar served their strawberry mojitos with a straw and ice tea spoon, which made eating the strawberries at the end infinitely easier. 


Off to Versailles for Day 3! 

No comments:

Post a Comment