Sunday, August 12, 2012

Mon Dejeuner de Soleil


Un dejeuner de soleil is a french idiom that literally translates to "a sun's lunch" and is used to describe something that is lovely but short-lived. This is rather applicable as I am approaching my departure for my semester abroad in Paris. At only 4 months long, this experience, and the food, fashion, and adventures that will accompany it, will no-doubt be lovely but short-lived.

Thanks to the recent developments of the 21st century, the tastes of the croissants that fade after devouring, the fashions that shift as I watch the seasons change, and the adventures that feel like only dreams the morning after coming home can all be documented for reminiscing on this blog. In the hope of prolonging the brief beauties I anticipate encountering, I plan to log and share them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment