Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tuesday Trip: #3



One of my biggest fears about my time here is feeling as though I did not take full advantage of it come December. During the week it can be difficult to execute plans with only a couple hours before class, and I have been traveling so much recently that weekend adventures in Paris have not really been possible. However, tuesday remains my free day for fun. Even though my classwork is picking up, it is no excuse not to do something!



Yesterday, I went to a coffee shop in the 9th that I had read about on a few blogs. Kooka Boora Cafe provided the perfect place to get some work done and enjoy Paris on a spectacular day. This Australian coffee shop served up delicious iced coffee (which is a rarity in Paris), free wi-fi, and a great view of Sacre Coeur from my little table outside.



After finishing some research, an essay and a few worksheets, I stopped at the Rose Bakery for a cup of tomato and vegetable soup and a slice of blackberry crumb cake. Then, I headed back down to my arrondissement to meet up with Liza for another adventure.


RIP Moliere and LaFontaine

We hopped back on the metro to visit the Pere Lachaise cemetery which is now home to Proust, Edith Piaf, Jim Morrison, La Fontaine, Moliere, Chopin, Haussman, and Gertrude Stein... just to name a few. We got to the cemetery around 4:45 to enjoy the company and the beautiful fall weather just in time for Halloween. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect afternoon to pay homage to these spectacular sights.

RIP Jim Morrison



Unfortunately the cemetery closed at 6, and we only made it through about a quarter of it, so we will definitely be making a trip back.

No comments:

Post a Comment