Sunday, September 9, 2012

Le Weekend

In France, Sunday is a day of rest. Many of the stores are closed, and on days like today when the weather is reminiscent of summer, everyone is out.


My day of rest was not all relaxation. I finally moved into the room I will be living in this semester and feel much more settled.




After a lovely weekend that included an afternoon along the Seine and a picnic under the Eiffel Tower, I enjoyed an afternoon of rest in Luxembourg Gardens.



The temperature spiked back up to a toasty 82 degrees, so I tried to enjoy the warm weather as much as I could. I decided to jog around Luxembourg gardens and was mildly surprised to see that it was packed!




So, after circling the perimeter, I jogged back home to shower and put on appropriate clothing (pink nike shorts don't exactly fit in amongst the Parisians).I then met my friends to enjoy the sun, the view, the company, and some more delicious gelato.

No comments:

Post a Comment