Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Paris in the Rain



I stumbled upon many quotes that cite how extraordinarily beautiful Paris is in the rain. Yesterday, the weather allowed me to draw my own conclusion. Yes, it is very beautiful... but, Paris is always beautiful. To be perfectly honest, I much prefer it when the sun is shining.




Nonetheless, I took it as an opportunity to do appropriate rainy day activities, which included trying a soup bar. After some google searching and blog browsing, Taylor and I met at Giraudet soup bar just a couple metro stops away.



Their butternut squash soup and quenelles (similar to gnocchi) with tomato soup were exactly what we needed. I can't forget to mention that the slices of baguette that accompanied it was some of the best we've had yet.



Later in the evening we had the unique opportunity to attend a rehearsal of the "Les Noces de Figaro" at the Paris Opera. The space was beautiful, the costumes were stunning, and the lighting appeared as though we were seeing it in sepia tone. It was definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience. This also means that I don't think I need to return to the Opera. Checked off the bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment