Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Beginning

My Apartment Exterior 
The last couple of days have been quite a whirlwind. My mom and I moved out of the apartment we were staying in and into a hotel for a night. We also moved my suitcases into my host family's apartment, where I am currently staying. I met my host sister, who couldn't be sweeter, but my host mother, father and brother do not return until tomorrow. I will meet them after my first day of school!



When we were bringing over my suitcases we found out that one of the men who worked in the patisserie and helped with the shoe debacle is my neighbor! In the last 24 hours we also stumbled upon an adorable open market open every Sunday, a delicious cafe for lunch around the corner for my new home, and an italian restaurant that served up our best meal of the trip (fresh burrata and homemade ravioli)

Tartine with Goat Cheese and Tomato at My Local Cafe
Unfortunately my mom left today. While it was very hard, I know that I have an unforgettable experience ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Loling at the shoe incident. You are still getting Punk'd - you can't escape! I love this blog so much and miss you terribly. Love always xoxox

    ReplyDelete